"Business Day" means a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) on which banks are open for the transaction of business in sterling in the City of London.
“Customer” means the person(s) identified in a Lead who are desirous of receiving quotations from Removals Firms for the supply of removals services.
“Compare My Move” means Compare My Move Limited (company number: 08247219) whose registered office is at 33-35 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HB or any other company that Compare My Move Limited may elect to provide Leads to Removals Firms.
“Affiliate(s)“ means the relevant business or company that is registered with Compare My Move in respect of the affiliate program to generate the provision of leads by the affiliate to Compare My Move.
"Removals Firm" means the relevant business or company that is registered with Compare My Move in respect of the provision of Leads by Compare My Move to them.
“Lead(s)” means a removals enquiry that has been sent to the Removals Firm(s).
"Duplicate Lead" means a Lead supplied by Compare My Move to a Removals Firm that contains identical information to that of another Lead supplied by Compare My Move to that Removals Firm at any time in the preceding 20 Business Days.
"Fictitious Lead" means a Lead supplied by Compare My Move to a Removals Firm that although replicates the information supplied by the Customer to Compare My Move is in fact spurious and for which there is no genuine contactable Customer.
"Invalid Lead" means a Lead supplied by Compare My Move to a Removals Firm that contains information incorrect from that supplied by a Customer to Compare My Move that results in a Removals Firm not being able to contact that Customer either by email or by telephone.
1.Compare My Move offers Leads to Removals Firms across the UK. Customers visiting our website fill in our form and request quotations for their removals requirements from Removals Firms in their area.
2. The Compare My Move affiliate program is designed to allow leads to be generated for the Compare My Move removals firm members. This is done by way of hosting quote request forms or a trackable link on affiliate websites
The program works as below;
• The affiliate applies to become part of the compare my move affiliate program by way of the Compare My Move application procedure.
• If accepted Compare My Move will provide HTML code allowing a quote request form or trackable link to be hosted on the affiliate’s website.
• Customers visiting to the affiliate website who fill in the quote request form or complete the form on the Compare My Move website having clicked the trackable link will have their information and requirements emailed to up to 6 removal firms in their area.
• These removal firms will then make contact with the customer to provide quotes for their move.
• Affiliate partners will get paid each time a quote request is completed and a lead generated, in line with these terms and conditions.
3. For each valid lead generated by an affiliate compare my move will pay the affiliate £5.00.
4. Payment is made on a monthly basis for all valid leads generated during the previous calendar month.
5. Affiliate partners will be sent a report on the 7th of each month (or next working day) for leads generated during the previous month.
6. Payment is then transferred by BACS on the last working day of each month for leads generated during the previous month.
7. Commission will only be paid on valid leads where our removal firm can make contact for genuine removal requests.
Leads that are deemed to be invalid are ones that have one or all of the following criteria
• Incorrect phone number
• Incorrect email address
• Duplicate leads
• Fictitious leads
8. Commission will also not be paid if there is a region where Compare My Move do not have any removal firms to provide a quote. In this instance the customer will be directed to a web page indicating we do not have any removal firms in their area and a lead will not be generated.
9. Compare My Move have the right to determine whether the lead is deemed to be false as per these terms and conditions.
10. Any invalid leads will be highlighted on the monthly statement that is sent to affiliate partner.
11. Compare My Move will make available to affiliate partners additional images & material to help promote the program on their website. It is down to the discretion of the affiliate if they choose to use this but any such material will be the sole property of Compare My Move and may not be used without the permission of Compare My Move. Affiliate partners are not permitted to modify any images or material in any way without the permission of Compare My Move. We reserve the right to change any material at any time without notice.
12. Any and all data provided by visitors requesting quotes via affiliate partner websites if the sole property of Compare My Move.
13. Affiliate partners may not use the Compare My Move name, brand, images or material provided in any bulk email whatsoever unless permitted by Compare My Move. Compare My Move may terminate an affiliate account if any meaningful spam complaints naming us or our services result from such marketing activities.
14. Affiliate partners may not issue any press release with respect to these terms and conditions or participation in the program; such action may result in termination of an affiliate account. In addition, affiliate partners may not in any manner misrepresent or embellish the relationship with Compare My Move. They may also not say that they develop the Compare My Move service or say that they are part of Compare My Move, except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions.
15. The term of this affiliate program will begin upon Compare My Move’s acceptance of an affiliate program application and will end when terminated by either party. Either the affiliate or Compare My Move may terminate this agreement at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party notice of termination.
16. All notices given by affiliate partners must be given to Compare My move at email@example.com.
17. A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received;
• if delivered personally, when left at the Compare My Move office address
• if sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second Business Day after posting;
• if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier's delivery receipt is signed; or
• if sent by fax or e-mail, one Business Day after transmission.
18. Compare My Move reserves the right to terminate an affiliate account at any time. Upon account termination, Compare My Move will pay any legitimate outstanding earnings. Compare My Move, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate an affiliate account and refuse current or future use of the affiliate program, or any other Compare My Move service, for any reason at any time. Such termination will result in the deactivation or deletion of the affiliate account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all potential or accrued referral fees in their account if they were earned through fraudulent, illegal, or overly aggressive, questionable sales or marketing methods. Compare My Move reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. Upon termination, an affiliate account for any reason, affiliate partners will immediately cease use of, and remove from their site, all links to the Compare My Move website and all images and other materials provided under the Program
19. Affiliate partners and Compare My Move are independent contractors, and nothing in these terms and conditions will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between the parties. Affiliate partners will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on the behalf of Compare My Move. Affiliate partners will not make any statement, whether on their site or otherwise, that reasonably would contradict anything in this Agreement.
20. Compare My Move and any of the Company's officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this Program.
21. Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit the Company's liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977; or
(b) fraud; or
(c) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
(d) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
22. If an affiliate’s use of material provided under this program results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof. The Company’s maximum aggregate liability under or in connection with these Terms, or any collateral contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise (a “Claim”), shall be limited to a sum equal to the aggregate amount which we are obliged to pay you in the twelve (12) month period immediately prior to the period giving rise to such Claim.
23. Any dispute relating in any way to this terms and conditions (including any actual or alleged breach hereof), any transactions or activities under this terms and conditions or an affiliate partner’s relationship with Compare My Move shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in England and Wales. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the England and Wales Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
24. Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing its obligations under these terms and conditions to the extent that such failure or delay is caused by a Force Majeure Event. A "Force Majeure Event" means any event beyond a party's reasonable control, which by its nature could not have been foreseen, or, if it could have been foreseen, was unavoidable, including strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving its own workforce or a third party's), failure of energy sources or transport network, acts of God, war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, interference by civil or military authorities, national or international calamity, armed conflict, malicious damage, breakdown of plant or machinery, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, sonic boom, explosions, collapse of building structures, fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, loss at sea, epidemics or similar events, natural disasters or extreme adverse weather conditions, or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
25. A waiver of any right or remedy under these terms and conditions or law is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms and conditions or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
26. If any of these Term and conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
27. These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in it represents the entire agreement in relation to the use of the affiliate program and supersedes any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement, whether oral or in writing.
28. Compare My Move and its affiliate partners each acknowledge that, in entering into these terms and conditions, neither has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to entering into these terms and conditions except as expressly stated herein.
29. Neither party shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date we entered into these terms and conditions (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party's only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
30. A person who is not a party to the contract formed by these terms and conditions between Compare My Move and the affiliate(s) shall not have any rights to enforce its terms.
31. Compare My Move reserves the right to vary the provisions of these terms and conditions at any time by giving 5 business days' written notice in advance of such changes. Unless an affiliate terminates their registration with Compare My Move within this period, they will automatically be bound by the terms and conditions after this 5 business day period lapses.
32. These terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and Compare My Move and Removals Firms each irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
These terms and conditions can be viewed as a pdf here.