Great service all round: friendly and trustworthy, speedy and efficient but careful. It seemed like a lot to pay out from the quote, but was competitive with other companies I looked at, and considering everything the service involved I think it was well worth the cost. I was particularly thankful to Andrew the move manager, and to Michael, Celio and John for being such fantastic work on the ground.
Kept me up to date at all times and arrived on time, nice bunch of blokes, very polite. Nothing broken.
We were told we would have a dedicated van and charged extra for it, instead they turned up with a 40' artic with a shared load, after we told them that access with such would be extremely difficult. They took 5 hours to pack our belongings already packed and furniture onto a lorry (they put the items into crates),
When they arrived in Spain the items were not in crates. The time they were going to arrive kept changing, we were originally told 12 noon, it ended up gone 5pm. One piece of furniture was damaged and the delivery driver said we should have tied that in and that's why it fell. NOT Happy, now in the process of trying to claim for the damage.
They deserve No stars. Absolutely taken the advantage of 1st time overseas mover! They should be paying me not the other way round. £3.5K and irreplaceable damages I would estimate at £5K at least for the stress caused and loss of precious items.
Appalling service! The collection crew complained constantly about moving furniture, white metal goods, the range cooker they refused to move until head office contacted them. Then they claimed they had no room on the lorry for any more items. 50 m3 contracted to be moved only 36 m3 delivered. The crew harassed a 65 year old women to avoid doing the work they were contracted to do. They had extreme difficulty lifting a 20 kg LCD TV off its stand, suggested pouring warm water over it to free it! 14 m3 left behind and no comment from GSM as to what they are prepared to do to resolve the situation. On arrival some items were damaged, mainly DVD player, Freesat Box, Bose wave stereo/cd player, not wrapped, just dumped in a box. Few boxes were correctly labeled.
Two different crew members to deliver, could not find fasteners etc. for reassembly of beds and wardrobe. several hours wasted looking for said items. Nothing unpacked! Total disaster from our point of view. Cannot recommend after this experience and a lack of communication on GSM(Global Moving Services).
1. Very poor communication, I had to keep chasing for information.
2. The pickup was several hours late, not a good start when we were driving to Spain with 2 dogs and a cat and the ferry crossing had been booked.
3. When the items arrived it was via a subcontractor, door handles knocked of cupboards, glass case broken and all the boxes were battered as if no care had been taken.
4. As I was unpaking it was obvious that a lot of items were missing which includes my father's war medals that had been mounted as a picture.
6. I contacted a friend in the UK to photograph the garage and lots of items were lying there, it seems that the removal staff decides what should be taken and what should not. This went as far as bringing my golf shoes and trolley battery but they decided I would not need the clubs or the trolley.
7. Even with the pictures, there seems to be a couple of boxes missing from the shipment but I have been given the brush off by my alleged move manager.
Save Up to 70% on Removal Costs
Save 70% off the cost of your house move today!