"Agreed Purposes" means the Removals Firm providing quotations for the supply of removals services to a Customer identified in a Lead who are desirous of receiving a quotation.
"Business Day" means a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday) on which banks are open for the transaction of business in sterling in the City of London.
"Credit" means a credit to the account of a Removals Firm in accordance with these terms and conditions in respect of a Duplicate Lead, Incorrect Lead or a Fictitious Lead. Such credit shall be as determined by Compare My Move with respect to the Lead in question and such credit may not be "cashed in" or otherwise claimed or used by a Removals Firm and may only be used to offset payment against any Lead supplied in future by Compare My Move.
“Customer” means the person(s) identified in a Lead who are desirous of receiving quotations from Removals Firms for the supply of removals services.
"Customer Personal Data" means the personal data (as defined in Data Protection Legislation) to be provided by Compare My Move under these terms and conditions, which includes the name, addresses, contact information (telephone numbers and email addresses) of, and other personal data or special category data (as defined in Data Protection Legislation) included in a form submitted by, Customers identified in a Lead.
“Compare My Move” means Compare My Move Limited (company number: 08247219) whose registered office is at 33-35 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, CF11 9HB or any other company that Compare My Move Limited may elect to provide Leads to Removals Firms.
"Data Protection Legislation" means (i) the Data Protection Act 2018, (ii) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) ("GDPR") and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for so long as the GDPR is effective in the United Kingdom, and (iii) any successor legislation to the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR.
"Duplicate Lead" means a Lead supplied by Compare My Move to a Removals Firm that contains identical information to that of another Lead supplied by Compare My Move to that Removals Firm at any time in the preceding 20 Business Days.
"Fictitious Lead" means a Lead supplied by Compare My Move to a Removals Firm that although replicates the information supplied by the Customer to Compare My Move is in fact spurious and for which there is no genuine contactable Customer.
"Incorrect Lead" means a Lead supplied by Compare My Move to a Removals Firm that contains incorrect information supplied by a Customer to Compare My Move that results in a Removals Firm not being able to contact that Customer by both email and telephone.
“Lead(s)” means a removals enquiry that has been sent to the Removals Firm(s) and which falls into one of the following categories:-
Residential Lead(s) - enquiry for quotations from a Customer for the supply of removals services at a residential address within the United Kingdom and not in furtherance of any business or commerce carried on by that Customer
International Lead(s) – enquiry for quotations from a Customer based in the United Kingdom for the supply of removals services from a residential address within the United Kingdom to a residential address outside of the United Kingdom.
"Nominated Catchment Area" means the postcode areas specified within a Removals Firm's registration form for which they wish to receive Lead(s) in respect of and as updated from time to time in accordance with these terms and conditions.
"Nominated Contact" means the person(s) specified on a Removals Firm's registration form as the person(s) through whom all communications between the Removals Firm and Compare My Move under these terms and conditions are to be channelled as updated from time to time in accordance with these terms and conditions.
"Permitted Recipients" means the Removals Firm and the employees of the removals Firm, engaged to perform obligations in connection with these terms and conditions.
"Removals Firm" means the relevant business or company that is registered with Compare My Move in respect of the provision of Leads by Compare My Move to them.
Compare My Move offers Leads to Removals Firms across the UK on the terms set out herein. Customers visiting our website fill in our form and request quotations for their removals requirements from Removals Firms in their area. The following terms and conditions govern the relationship between Compare My Move and each Removals Firm in respect of the provision of Leads by Compare My Move to that Removals Firm.
1. Subject to paragraphs 3, 6 and 11 below, Compare My Move shall endeavour to send Leads to Removals Firms in respect of their Nominated Catchment Area. A Removals Firm can add or remove any postcode area from its Nominated Catchment Area by its Nominated Contact giving not less than five Business Days' notice by email to Compare My Move.
2. Any Leads to be provided by Compare My Move under these terms of conditions are to be sent to the relevant Nominated Contact. At least one valid and active email address and working landline number for the Nominated Contact must be provided when registering with Compare My Move.
3. Compare My Move cannot guarantee the number of Leads that will be sent to Removals Firms. Any Leads are sent at the sole discretion of Compare My Move.
4. Compare My Move offers 2 different categories of Lead. These are:
Removals Firms that register with Compare My Move can elect which category of Lead they wish to receive. Once a Removals Firm has registered with Compare My Move, it may add or remove categories of Lead that they wish to receive by its Nominated Contact giving not less than 5 Business Days' notice by email to Compare My Move.
5. Removals Firms are entitled to state the amount of Leads which they wish to receive, which can be limited to an amount to be received on either a daily, weekly or a monthly basis. The minimum amount for this is 5 leads a day. Removals Firms can elect to specify such a amount by its Nominated Contact giving not less than five Business Days' notice by email to Compare My Move.
6. Removals Firms are entitled to either cancel or suspend their registration with Compare My Move at any time to help control their budgets by its Nominated Contact giving not less than five Business Days' notice by email to Compare My Move. There is no time limit to any period of suspension. For the avoidance of doubt, Compare My Move will not be under any obligation whatsoever to provide Leads to any Removals Firm that has given notice to cancel or suspend its registration in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph.
7. Any Removals Firm that has suspended its registration in accordance with paragraph 6 is entitled to re-activate its account at any time by its Nominated Contact giving not less than 5 Business Days' notice by email to Compare My Move.
8. In respect of Residential Leads and International Leads, Removals Firms can filter the size of the property for which they wish to receive Leads by size based on the number of bedrooms within a Customer's property. Removals Firms wishing to do so can update their account by giving not less than five Business Days' notice by email to Compare My Move outlining the minimum and / or maximum number of bedrooms within a Customer's property that they wish to receive applicable Leads in respect of.
9. Removals Firms may change their account details (including, but not limited to, the addition or removal of post code areas from their Nominated Catchment Area) at any time by its Nominated Contact giving not less than five Business Days' notice by email to Compare My Move specifying the details they wish to change.
10. Compare My Move only provides Leads to Removals Firms and in no way guarantees business from any Lead. It is the responsibility of Removals Firms to quote and tender to the Customer for the work contained in any Lead.
11. Based on the information provided by the Customer (only), Compare My Move agrees to provide Removals Firms with a name, contact telephone number, email address and a brief description of the removals services sought by the Customer in respect of any Lead. Subject to paragraph 13, Compare My Move will be deemed to have supplied a Removals Firm with sufficient information regarding a Lead and will be entitled to invoice the Removals Firm in respect of such Lead once the information specified in this paragraph has been given to a Removals Firms' Nominated Contact.
12. Compare My Move will send each Lead to no more than 6 Removals Firms. Where there are more than the above set amounts of Removals Firms eligible to receive a Lead, Compare My Move will select the relevant number of the eligible Removals Firms entirely at random.
13. Subject to paragraph 14, in the event of the provision by Compare My Move of either (a) an Incorrect Lead or (b) a Duplicate Lead to a Removals Firm, that Removals Firm is entitled to a Credit in respect of that Incorrect or Duplicate Lead.
14. In order to claim a Credit a Removals Firm must submit its request for such by reporting the lead via the 'leads’ section of their Lead Manager account, within five Business Days of receiving the Incorrect or Duplicate Lead. There will be no right to any Credit in the event that Compare My Move is notified of any Incorrect or Duplicate Lead after the aforementioned five Business Day period has lapsed. For the avoidance of doubt, a Credit is the sole remedy for any Incorrect or Duplicate Lead and no refund of cash or any other payment on any account whatsoever shall be payable by Compare My Move to a Removals Firm and no damages may be claimed.
15. Compare My Move has the right in its sole discretion to determine whether a Removals Firm is entitled to a Credit in respect of Compare My Move providing a Fictitious Lead. A Removals Firm wishing to claim a Credit in respect of a Fictitious Lead must submit their request for such by its Nominated Contact giving notice by email to Compare My Move within five Business Days of receiving the Fictitious Lead. Should Compare My Move determine that a Removals Firm is entitled to a Credit in respect of Compare My Move providing it with a Fictitious Lead, a Credit is the sole remedy for such Fictitious Lead and no refund of cash or any other payment on any account whatsoever shall be payable by Compare My Move to a Removals Firm and no damages may be claimed
16. Compare My Move has the right in its sole discretion to determine whether any Lead is to be classified as a Duplicate Lead, Incorrect Lead or Fictitious Lead as per these terms and conditions.
17. A Removals Firm is in no way whatsoever permitted under these terms and conditions to pass on any Lead, or any Customer details contained within a Lead, to any third party whatsoever. To do such an act will be considered a material breach of these terms and conditions for the purpose of paragraph 39 and will render a Removals Firm's registration with Compare My Move liable to immediate termination.
18. In registering with Compare My Move in order to receive Leads the parties acknowledge that Compare My Move may disclose Customer Personal Data to the Removals Firm for the Agreed Purposes, and therefore each Removals Firm agrees to comply with the following:-
19. A Removals Firm agrees to indemnify Compare My Move against any losses, liabilities, claims, actions and damage that Compare My Move may incur as a result of a Removals Firm's breach of paragraph 18 above or the Data Protection Legislation. Additionally, the parties acknowledge that a breach of paragraph 18 or the Data Protection Legislation will be considered a material breach of these terms and conditions for the purposes of paragraph 39 below.
20. Compare My Move operates a code of practice that we require all Removals Firms to adhere to, as outlined below. In registering with Compare My Move, you agree to comply with the following standards. Each Removals Firm shall:-
21. Compare My Move operates ongoing monitoring processes and failure of Removals Firms to adhere to our codes of practice can result in the termination of your registration with Compare My Move. Any breach of the above code of practice will be considered a material breach of these terms and conditions for the purposes of paragraph 39.
22. Compare My Move does not accept any responsibility to Removals Firms for:-
23. Compare My Move also does not in any way whatsoever guarantee:-
24. Removals Firms agree to pay a fixed sum for every Lead received from Compare My Move, dependent on the category of Lead received. The price breakdown for each category of Lead is as follows:-
*All prices are exclusive of VAT
** London is deemed to be the following postcode areas by Compare My Move:
Any partner account that is paused for over 3 months will have their lead credits expire and be removed from the account unless otherwise agreed with the partner support team.
25. Subject to paragraph 26, Compare My Move offer two payment account options to Removals Firms that are registered with Compare My Move: one is a credit account, which are offered entirely at the discretion of Compare My Move, and the other is a pay as you go account ("PAYGA"), both of which are more fully explained below.
26. Credit accounts are offered by Compare My Move as a method of payment entirely at its discretion and is under no obligation to offer a credit account facility. In agreeing to open a credit account for a Removals Firm, Compare My Move may, in its discretion, require any Removals Firm to make a payment on account for such amount as Compare My Move considers appropriate and / or impose a monthly credit limit on that Removals Firm's credit account.
27. Removals Firms that Compare My Move permits to pay for Leads by way of a credit account will be invoiced by Compare My Move on or around the 1st of each month for all Leads supplied to that Removals Firm in the previous month. Payment of these invoices is to be made by direct debit and will be taken from a Removals Firm's designated account on or after the 15th of every month.
28. Removals Firms holding a PAYGA are required to deposit funds to keep their account in credit to receive Leads. A minimum £50.00 deposit is required to activate a PAYGA. A Removals Firm, if it so wishes, can provide a continuous payment authority to allow Compare My Move to take payments for such amounts and at such regularity as that Removals Firm may decide. If a continuous payment authority has been given by any Removals Firm, it may elect to revoke this authority at any time by its Nominated Contact giving Compare My Move not less than five Business Days' notice by email of such revocation. For the avoidance of doubt, Compare My Move is not obliged to take payments from such credit/debit card provided as a part of the continuous payment authority and it is the Removal Firm's responsibility to ensure that its account has sufficient credit in order to receive Leads.
29. In the event that the balance of a Removals Firm's PAYGA falls to an amount that is less than the cost of any one Lead ("the Minimum Balance"), that Removals Firm's registration will be deemed suspended in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 6 and, as such, Compare My Move will be under no obligation to provide Leads to that Removals Firm during the period of suspension. Once a Removals Firm's PAYGA balance is increased to a level above the Minimum Balance, the PAYGA in question will be deemed immediately re-activated and that Removals Firm will be immediately eligible to receive Leads. For the avoidance of doubt, where a Removals Firm has chosen to receive various types of Leads, the Minimum Balance for the purpose of this paragraph shall be by reference to the cost of the most expensive Lead that they have chosen to be supplied with.
30. Any late payments by a Removals Firm under these terms and conditions will incur a charge of £25.00. A late payment is for any payment received after the due date indicated on an invoice. In addition, where Compare My Move has unsuccessfully attempted to collect a payment by direct debit from a Removals Firm for any amount that is owed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Removals Firm's account with Compare My Move will be immediately deemed suspended in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 6 and will only be reactivated the Removals Firm has repaid all outstanding amounts by it to Compare My Move, which, for the avoidance of doubt, shall include the charge of £25.00 imposed by this paragraph.
31. Compare My Move reserves the right to impose further charges if invoices become seriously overdue (more than 14 days). These can include interest, costs for outsourced debt collection and/or solicitors & court costs if necessary.
32. If a Removals Firm elects to cancel its account with Compare My Move in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, any amount that the Removals Firm has in credit with Compare My Move within its PAYGA will be refunded to that Removals Firm within 15 Business Days of cancellation, subject to the right of Compare My Move to apply such credit towards satisfying any other outstanding debts that the Removals Firm has with Compare My Move.
33. It is a strict condition of these terms and conditions that any Removals Firm that registers with Compare My Move in order to receive Leads has in place adequate insurance cover to guard against any loss that may be caused to any Customer's goods, property and / or possessions whilst providing removals services to that Customer. As an absolute minimum, a Removals Firm must have in place goods in transit insurance that provides a sufficient level of cover in proportion to the value of goods, possessions and / or property that a Removals Firm will be transporting in providing its services to a Customer. A Removals Firm agrees to indemnify Compare My Move against any losses, liabilities, claims, actions and damage that Compare My Move may incur as a result of a Removals Firms' breach of this provisions of this paragraph.
34. To meet Compare My Move’s vetting process, Compare My Move will require Removals Firms to submit certain documentation to support their applications. The documentation that Compare My Move will require could include any or all of the following:
35. Removals Firms agree and acknowledge that the contact information provided for the Nominated Contact within its registration form is correct. Any changes to the Nominated Contact's contact information must be notified to Compare My Move by the Nominated Contact giving Compare My Move not less than five Business Days' notice by email. The variation to this contact information will become effective on the expiry of this period.
36. If a Removals Firm's Nominated Contact's contact information changes and no notice of this has been given to Compare My Move in accordance with paragraph 35 above, any Leads sent to the Removals Firm's Nominated Contact will be charged at the full rate even if they are not in fact received due to the change of contact information that Compare My Move had not been notified of.
37. Compare My Move reserves the right to increase the price of the supply of Leads at any time.
38. As part of our ongoing monitoring service Compare My Move may contact customers to obtain feedback and testimonials regarding the services they have received by Removals Firms. Removals Firms agree that any such information is the property of Compare My Move and agree to Compare My Move displaying any such information on its website. Furthermore, Removals Firms agree not to publish this information on their own websites for marketing materials without the written permission of Compare My Move. Any such use of information will be considered a material breach of these terms and conditions for the purpose of paragraph 39.
39. Compare My Move will be entitled to terminate a Removals Firm's registration with immediate effect on giving notice by email to a Removals Firm in the event of any of the following occurring:-
40. On termination of a Removals Firm's registration in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 39, a Removals Firm shall immediately pay to Compare My Move all amounts owed to Compare My Move arising on any account whatsoever together with any interest accruing thereon.
41. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Compare My Move's liability for death or personal injury caused by its, or its employees, negligence, for fraud or fraudulent representation or for any other matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for Compare My Move to exclude or restrict liability.
42. Subject to paragraph 41:-
43. Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing its obligations under these terms and conditions to the extent that such failure or delay is caused by a Force Majeure Event. A "Force Majeure Event" means any event beyond a party's reasonable control, which by its nature could not have been foreseen, or, if it could have been foreseen, was unavoidable, including strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving its own workforce or a third party's), failure of energy sources or transport network, acts of God, war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, interference by civil or military authorities, national or international calamity, armed conflict, malicious damage, breakdown of plant or machinery, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, sonic boom, explosions, collapse of building structures, fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, loss at sea, epidemics or similar events, natural disasters or extreme adverse weather conditions, or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
44. Compare My Move may at any time assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights or obligations under these terms and conditions. A Removals Firm may not assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights or obligations under terms and conditions without the prior written consent of Compare My Move.
45. Unless otherwise provided in these terms and conditions, any notice given to a party under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be in writing, addressed to that party at its registered office (if it is a company) or its principal place of business (in any other case) or such other address as that party may have specified to the other party in writing in accordance with this clause, and shall be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, commercial courier, fax or e-mail.
46. A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received:-
47. Without prejudice to paragraph 46, any notices to be sent by email in accordance with these terms and conditions shall:-
48. The provisions of paragraphs 46 and 47 shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action
49. If any provision or part-provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
50. A waiver of any right or remedy under these terms and conditions or law is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms and conditions or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
51. Nothing in this agreement is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between Compare My Move and any Removals Firm, constitute Compare My Move or any Removals Firm the agent of the other, or authorise Compare My Move or any Removals Firm to make or enter into any commitments for or on behalf of the other.
52. A person who is not a party to the contract formed by these terms and conditions between Compare My Move and a Removals Firm shall not have any rights to enforce its terms.
53. Compare My Move reserves the right to vary the provisions of these terms and conditions (including the price of any type of Lead) at any time by giving 10 Business Days’ written notice in advance of such changes. Unless a Surveying Firm terminates their registration with Compare My Move within this period, they will automatically be bound by the terms and conditions after this 10 Business Day period lapses.
54. These terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and Compare My Move and Removals Firms each irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Chat is coming soon.
If you have an immediate enquiry please contact us