Role: Back End PHP Developer
Salary: 25K - 35K
Closing Date: Friday 3rd November 2017
Comparemymove.com is an exciting young company in a period of rapid expansion and growth. We operate an online comparison service for people moving home, businesses relocating and international removals plus much, much more…
We are already experiencing huge success in our sector and are looking for the best people to join our growing team to help make Compare My Move a powerful, recognisable brand in the UK and beyond.
Are you a Back End Developer looking for a new challenge? Comparemymove.com are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Back End Developer to join our development team.
Do you want the chance to be part of an exciting and forward-thinking business? If so Comparemymove.com could be what you are looking for.
We need someone who can hit the ground running working with our Development team to take our website and brand to the next level. We are looking for a creative, driven person who wants to progress and grow their career in line with our ongoing expansion. If this sounds like you then please get in touch as we’d love to meet you.
• Support and enhance existing systems to fulfil business objectives
• Business/System analysis to determine requirements for new development and system enhancements, ensuring they do not have a negative impact on existing service, compliance or data quality
• Provide technical input for projects throughout the development lifecycle (produce design, functional and support documents as required)
• Provide technical/professional expertise within your area
• Provide all aspects of ongoing support for the business
• Collaborate with in house development and digital marketing team to optimise website user experience
• Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
• Ensure development is delivered on time, budget and to agreed business requirements
• Developing inline with digital/SEO strategies
• At least 3 years experience using PHP Object-Orientated Programming (PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.0)
• At least 2 years experience in PHP Framework Symfony and/or Laravel
• Strong experience required using a VPS with CentOS 6.9 (cPanel and WHM are installed)
• Strong experience using Command Line Interface and proficient to use daily
• Strong experience in Website and Server Security
• Strong experience using GIT Version Control and using Best Practices for versioning changes effectively
• Strong experience using MySQL/MariaDB
• Experience using Composer to use Third-Party Libraries
• 3+ years experience in a similar role
• Ability to communicate well at all levels
• Experience using SASS and jQuery with compilers such as Grunt or Gulp
• Experience using node.js
• Experience in Email Management
• Experience in Project Management
• Experience in using and developing APIs
• Understanding of best working practices and documentation.
• Experience of automated testing
• Excellent salary of up to £35,000
• Bonus opportunities
• Company pension scheme
• Development opportunities as company expands
• 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays & Christmas/New Year closure
• Free parking
• Friendly, flexible working environment
• Brand new office work space
Please email your CV over to email@example.com to apply for this position.