Compare Homebuyer Survey Quotes From RICS Surveyors

Enter the property postcode to find a surveyor

RICS Regulated Property Surveyors
Helping Over 500,000 Movers in the UK
Helping over 500,000 movers in the UK
Rated ‘Excellent’ on
Save up to 70% on the cost of moving

Why use Compare My Move to find a Chartered Surveyor?

As the home of moving home, Compare My Move helps over 500,000 movers get connected with the best professionals in the business every year. We will only connect you with verified, RICS accredited property surveyors, ensuring you receive high-quality reports to help you through the moving process.

Arranging a survey quote with us will save you both time and money by connecting you with up to 5 trusted surveyors in your local area. Simply fill out our 30-second form and compare the best RICS regulated experts today.

compare now

Surveying Hand
As seen in: BT

Customer Reviews

We regularly monitor our partners to ensure they are working to high standards.
Take a look at some of our 5-star reviews from happy customers.

"The survey was organised very swiftly. The RICS level 3 survey was very detailed and I had a clear picture of exactly what I was buying and some helpful recommendations.Chris was very helpful with follow-up questions I had."

Craig Peters on 13/10/21

Moving from Norwich

"Absolutely superb. Efficient, thorough and reliable. "

Bethany Ruffell on 11/10/21

Moving from Tunbridge Wells

"Excellent service throughout. I cannot fault them and will be using when I next move. A thoroughly detailed report with a very quick turnaround. 10/10."

James Warrington on 28/09/21

Moving from Richmond

"Thorough. Helpful. An excellent company and sandie is truly amazing x"

Amanda Fitch on 22/09/21

Moving from Keighley

Over 100 local surveying companies

Compare My Move works with local surveying companies across the UK.
Wherever you're moving house, get the best deals from top surveying firms.

Which home survey do you need?

An accurate property survey will give you advice on the property, its construction and any potential environmental issues. This can be crucial information when buying or selling a property as it highlights whether the purchase is a worthy investment.

There are a number of property surveys to choose from. These include:

  • Valuation Report
  • Condition Report (Level 1 Survey)
  • Homebuyers Survey (level 2 Survey)
  • Building Survey (level 3 Survey)

Each home survey will include a different type of investigation and will be suited to different property types. The Level 3 Survey, for example, is the most thorough and will include a detailed report on both the interior and exterior of the home. To help you compare surveying quotes, we've outlined each survey type below.

compare now

Surveying Illustrations 1  V 1 01
Surveying Illustrations 3 V 1 01

What's included in a HomeBuyer Survey (Level 2 Survey)?

Now known as a RICS Home Survey Level 2 Report, the HomeBuyers Survey is recommended for most buyers and modern property types. Our home buyer survey quotes will help you find a reliable surveyor to inspect the property and produce an accurate report. The average cost of a Level 2 Survey is £500 - this was calculated for a property valued at the average UK house price of £267,000.

This inspection efficiently covers the entire property - both inside and outside. Areas of the home will be given a condition rating of 1, 2 or 3 and the report will cover all obvious defects and anything that could have a detrimental effect on the value of the property.

Some of our surveyors may also be able to offer a valuation alongside the level 2 home survey if it is requested when further discussing your quotation and personal requirements. This additional service can cost around £50 extra. If you require a valuation for your mortgage agreement, check with your lender beforehand to ensure they accept this type of report.

compare now

What's included in a Building Survey (Level 3 Survey)?

A RICS Building Survey, or Level 3 Home Survey, offers an in-depth and detailed report on the construction and condition of the building. The inspection will be very thorough with surveyors reviewing internal and external factors of the property, as well as hard to access areas. This type of home survey will cost an average of £800 in the UK, though it could be as cheap as £630 and as expensive as £1,200.

Compare My Move recommends this kind of survey if you’re buying a large home, an older build house, a thatched cottage, or a period property that you plan to renovate. Our building survey quote could save you headaches in the long run and ensure you make an informed decision.

It’s important that you know the building is safe and that any changes you plan to make can be safely carried out. The qualified Chartered Surveyor you find through Compare My Move's level 3 survey quotes will happily discuss their findings with you.

compare now

Surveying Illustrations 2 V 1 01

What’s included in a Valuation Report?

A RICS Valuation Report will provide you with the true market value of your property or the property you plan to buy. It can cost £320 for the average property in the UK valued at £267,000. However, our research found that costs can be as low as £160 and as high as £600.

A valuation is suited for all property types and will let you know that the building is worth what you’re paying for. All of our valuations are carried out by RICS registered valuers which means your valuation is much more comprehensive and impartial compared to others.

It should be noted that this isn’t a property survey and won’t include a conclusion on the property’s condition but will provide a highly accurate valuation. Some lenders will include a valuation for free or they may start the pricing as little as £75, as long as you choose one of the surveyors they recommend.

compare now

Organising a home survey and Covid-19

The housing market is fully open throughout the UK, which means you can organise a valuation, home inspection or property survey. RICS has continually worked with the local government to update the profession regularly and communicate any changes made.

Rest assured, all chartered surveyors have appropriately adapted how they operate and have implemented safety measures to make the inspection as safe and efficient as possible.

They must continue to adhere to all safety precautions created, such as social distancing, wearing face coverings and regularly sanitising their equipment to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. They must also keep an open line of communication to update clients should the virus cause any disruptions.

To learn more about COVID-19 and moving house, read Moving House During Lockdown 2021.

Moving house and Covid-19

Helping You Every Step of Your Move

Our surveying guide provides expert advice on what to know before hiring a chartered surveyor.

Our panel of property industry experts ensure our content is accurate and insightful

We work with accredited and experienced property industry professionals to fact-check all of our content. Be informed throughout your house move.

Our Editorial Process

Win Work With Compare My Move

Are you a reputable conveyancing, removal or surveying company? Join our network to start growing your business