About this guide
There are many factors to consider when selling a property, from deciding an asking price to finding an estate agent. Here, we have created an in-depth selling guide to ensure you’re fully prepared for each step of the house selling process.
The most important step before you list your house with an estate agent is understanding how the process of selling a house works. You should take time to get your finances in place and contact your mortgage lender to learn your options.
Many people underestimate the costs involved with selling a house, often facing unexpected bills throughout. It costs £5,542 to sell an average 3-bedroom house costing £235,673. Throughout our selling guide, we explore the true costs of selling a house, from estate agents fees to EPC costs, we cover everything to help you create a budget.
1. The Process of Selling a HouseSelling a house needn’t be complicated. In our step-by-step guide on selling your house, we’ll break down the process into simple points and explain each step in detail.Read this article
2. When Is The Best Time to Sell Your House?The best time to sell a house is June, July, August and September as it takes just 62 days on average to sell. The time it takes to sell your house will vary depending on location, property type and circumstances.Read this article
3. How Long Does it Take to Sell a House?On average, it can take between 2-6 months to sell a house depending on your personal circumstances. Compare My Move has created this guide to outline the steps involved with selling a house to provide you with a basic timeline of the process.Read this article
4. What is the Cost of Selling a House?This guide covers the cost of selling a house to help you avoid surprise fees when selling. The total average cost of selling a UK house in 2023 is £6,224. This includes solicitor fees, estate agent fees, EPC costs, porting a mortgage costs and capital gains tax.Read this article
5. Solicitor for Selling a House: First-time Sellers' GuideLooking for a solicitor to help you sell a house? Compare my more will match you with trusted and professional property specialists.Read this article
6. Solicitor Fees for Selling a House UKThe thought of solicitor fees when selling a house can be daunting. Use Compare My Move's guide on selling fees to help you with every step of the process. The average solicitor fees for selling a house in the UK are £1,690. This includes the solicitor’s legal fee and conveyancing disbursements.Read this article
7. How Much Are Estate Agent Fees When Selling a House?Estate agent fees are one of many costs when selling a house. The average estate agent fee for selling a house is £6,224. This guide will explore the estate agent fees for selling.Read this article
8. Guide to Selling a House in ScotlandIf you're selling a home in Scotland, you will need to be aware of the process and costs. The average cost of selling a house in Scotland is £6,284.Read this article
9. What is the Cost of Selling a House in Scotland?The average cost of selling a house in Scotland is £6,284, based on the average house price in Scotland of £187,517. This includes the estate agent and solicitor fees, the cost of a Home Report and Removal Company costs.Read this article
10. How Much Is Your House Worth in 2023?Our guide covers setting an asking price, maximising your home’s selling potential and preparing you to take the first steps towards selling your home.Read this article
11. Preparing Your Property for a SalePreparing for a house sale can be daunting. But with our guide on how to prepare your property for a sale, you’ll be given the correct steps to get started.Read this article
12. What Paperwork and Certificates Do I Need to Sell My House?Selling a house involves a lot of paperwork and certificates. This includes certificates and documents you need to show your solicitor or estate agent, and forms and paperwork that your buyer will ask for.Read this article
13. Selling Your House with an Online Estate AgentLooking at online estate agents, conveyancing, valuations and marketing, this guide will cover the steps you need to take to sell your property online.Read this article
14. Quick House Sales: How to Sell Your Home FasterA quick house sale company will offer to purchase your property at a discounted price and claim to make a quicker sale compared to traditional methods.Read this article
15. How to Sell Your House at AuctionFrom deciding whether your home is suitable for an auction house, to reviewing the process and fees, this guide will prepare you for selling a house at auction.Read this article
16. Selling a Property With a Help to Buy Equity LoanWhen selling a Help to Buy property, there are a number of different steps to take. Read more here about selling a home that was purchased using a Help to Buy Equity Loan.Read this article
17. Accepting an Offer on a HouseAccepting an offer on your house is exciting but can be daunting. We're here to talk through things to consider when accepting an offer on your house.Read this article